Firestick is a great streaming device, but to download certain content, you’re going to need to connect to the best VPN service. There are a number of reasons as to why you may need a reliable VPN for your Fire device, but first, let’s discuss tutorials on how to set up and use a VPN on it.
There are two ways to go about this, depending on whether the VPN app is available on the Fire TV App Store or not. According to that, the second method comes in, through sideloading the VPN’s APK file (Jailbreaking method.) You’ll find both the tutorials mentioned below.
How to install and set up the VPN app on Firestick (Fire TV Store)
This tutorial is only relevant to those VPN providers that offer Firestick VPN apps that you can find on the Fire TV Store. Here’s how to get started:
- Set up and get your Firestick device ready and then sign in to your Amazon account.
- Subscribe to the best VPN for Firestick.
- Now, on your Fire TV home screen, look forthe VPN that you subscribed to.
- When you find the right app on the Fire TV Store, click on it.
- Downloadand install the VPN app on your Firestick.
- Once the app is installed, launch the VPN app.
- Follow through with the on screen instructions.
- Sign in to your VPN account and connectto the best server, and start streaming!
How to install and set up the VPN app on Firestick (APK sideloading method)
- Start up your Firestick and on the home screen, look for the “Downloader” app on your Fire TV.
- Click on the app once you find it to download and install it. Make sure it’s the correct one.
- Launch the Downloader app once it’s downloaded and installed.
- Type in your VPN app’s APK linkin the URL section.
- Downloadthe file and install
- You might not find the VPN app in the “Apps menu” since it was the APK file that you downloaded.
- You’ll find it in your Settings. Once there, click on Applications.
- Now, click on manageInstalled Applications. That’s where you’ll find your VPN app.
- Launchthe app.
- Sign in and connect to the best server, preferably the US one to access US content, and that’s all!
How to choose the best VPN app for Firestick
There are certain features to look for when choosing a VPN for Firestick. Not every VPN is the same, so you’ll have to be twice as careful if you’re looking for something in particular. Here’s what to look for:
- Dedicated VPN app for Firestick
- Compatible with other devices and supports multi-device connections
- Should be able to bypass geo-blocks and unblock multiple streaming services.
- Fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth.
- No-logs policy and safe jurisdiction.
- Advanced security features to protect you from cyberattacks, ISP throttling and government surveillance.
- Free trial and refund period to test the VPN app out on Firestick.
Additionally, if you’re on a budget, there are many top VPN services that offer the best VPN deals and discounts, and are compatible with Firestick.